Our nails constantly suffer from external aggression such as changes in temperature or the action of the chemicals present in the cleaning products we use in our home. Fragile and brittle nails are not always a health problem. But since they are always in plain view, this kind of problem does not look good in terms of appearance. How are your nails? Are they fragile and growing slowly?
Do not worry. If it is not a more serious health problem or a lack of nutrients, the following treatments should solve the problem easily. And they are all made with natural ingredients found in any supermarket.
Ready to learn the recipes? Here they are:
- Garlic Tonic
- Boil a cup of water.
- Add a clove of garlic half crushed.
- Wait a bit and turn off the heat.
- Let it cool down.
- Add a spoonful of lemon juice into this mixture when it cools and mixed it well.
- Transfer to an empty, clean enamel vial.
- Use on your nails every night before bed.
- The next morning, wash your hands thoroughly with water.
- Lemon Juice treatment for nails
Lemon is great for strengthening and growing your nails because of their high levels of vitamin C, which help to regenerate the cells.
- Simply squeeze a lemon, dip a cotton swab in the juice and then gently rub it on each nail.
- Wait 15 minutes, and then wash your nails with plenty of water.
- Always take this treatment at night.
If you have any cuts on the skin of the nail area, the lemon juice will cause a certain ardor. But it passes quickly and the lemon juice will even help to heal.
- Olive Oil Bath
The extra virgin olive oil is a great ally to strengthen and grow the nails due to its tonic and moisturizing properties. Also, treatment with it is very simple.
- Just put the nails inside a container with olive oil for 15 minutes, every day for a month.
- Once you complete one month of treatment, you should continue to do this, but only twice a week.
- Nail Massage
You might have heard that massaging your nails is useless. However, it is just the opposite: this action is very effective for strengthening and growing the nails fast.
This is because massage stimulates blood flow, improving circulation of the blood in the region which is important for its growth.
- Daily massage your hands and nails with a good moisturizer.
- Ideally, do this right after washing your hands with soap and water.
- Cucumber Cream
Cucumber is recognized worldwide for its cosmetic benefits. One of the reasons for this is its strong moisturizing action which softens and improves the appearance of the skin. Cucumber also helps to strengthen your nails and boost their growth.
- Chop a cucumber and place it in the blender (full, with peel and seeds).
- Beat well until creamy.
- Place this cream in a container and apply on the nails.
- Leave on for 10 minutes and wash it off with water.
Apart from these tips given above, take care of food you eat. Nails need certain nutrients to stay strong and grow fast. Consume foods rich in zinc, amino acids, iodine, calcium, magnesium and vitamins A, B and C. Also, avoid chewing your nails, as this will weaken them.