To achieve a defined belly it is important that, in addition to practicing these exercises frequently, we combine them with a healthy and balanced diet that does not exceed in calories.
Want to know how to tone the abdomen at home? This is one of the regions of the body that we must work on constantly, not only because your muscles tend to lose firmness, but because it is one of the parts that accumulate more fat.
We know that keeping lean helps us look slimmer and, in addition, allow us to wear many of our favorite clothes with more self-confidence.
However, we recognize that it is difficult to achieve, since it is necessary to adopt good eating habits and exercise every day.
Luckily, to tone it up, we do not have to resort to gym machines or going through training which is too difficult to perform.
In fact, you can just do these 5 simple exercises to tone your belly at home, at any time of the day.
How to Get Flat Abs at home with 5 Simple Exercises
- Abdominal plank
The abdominal plank is a strengthening and toning exercise that, in addition to improving the appearance of our abdomen, reduces back pain.
Although the posture seems simple, it is an exercise of physical exigency that requires concentration and balance.
How to do it?
- Your stomach facing to the floor, lean on the floor with your forearms and your toes.
- Keep your back straight and make sure your elbows are at the shoulder line.
- Try to contract the abdominal muscles and stay at the posture for 30 seconds.
- As soon as you gain resistance, increase the time from 30 to 45 seconds.
- Make 4 sets.
- Basic Abs
Although there are many ways to vary your abs, basic exercise continues to help tone your muscles.
They are ideal for beginners and, in addition, complement the benefits of other activities.
How to do this exercise?
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your soles flat on the floor.
- Rest your head on your fingers, keeping your elbows open.
- Contract your abdominal muscles and start lifting your head so that it peels off the upper back of the floor.
- Hold for 2 or 3 seconds and return to the starting position.
- Do at least 15 repetitions per 4 sets.
This abdominal exercise mimics the movement we do while riding the bike, but it allows us to concentrate to work on the muscles of the abdomen region of the body.
In fact, its regular practice helps us strengthen the lumbar region and improves leg movements as well.
How to do it?
- Lie on your back, lift your legs and bend your knees to a 90 degree angle.
- Keeping this posture, without letting your legs fall, try to touch your left knee with your right elbow, while stretching your right legs straight.
- Make alternating movements with each elbow and leg, until completing 20 repetitions.
- When performing the exercise you should concentrate the force on the abdomen muscles.
- Complete 3 to 4 sets.
- Lower Abdominal
To tone the lower abdomen, we advise you to do this simple exercise that focuses precisely on that region.
How to do it?
- Lie on your back and lean with your hands on a bar, or place them with your arms outstretched to the sides.
- Lift your legs without lifting your lower back, focusing the force on the lower abdominal region.
- Raise your head up and down with slow movements until you complete 15 reps.
- Do 3 sets.
- Knees on the chest
For this exercise to help flatten your belly, it is vital to keep the abdominal muscles contracted while lifting the knees.
With this exercise, the lower back is benefited and if you avoid letting the legs fall to the ground, it will also strengthen the glutes.
How to do it?
- Lie on the floor with your legs extended and your arms leaning against your body.
- Bend your knees, and then lift them to your chest.
- Make sure you keep your calves parallel to the floor and take a deep breath while doing the activity.
- Concentrate the force on the abdomen and stretch the legs again back to the original position without letting them touch the ground.
- Do 12 or 15 repetitions until completing 4 sets.
So, these were the 5 simple exercises one can do at home to achieve flat tummy. Include these workouts in your daily routine and find out how good they are to strengthen your muscles and more importantly for a flat belly.
Keep in mind that your results might not be immediate and should be completed with a healthy diet.