There are many different ways to burn belly fat. One of the best ways is to follow a ketogenic diet. In this diet, carbohydrates are eliminated from the food menu, forcing the body into a metabolic process called ketosis.
In ketosis, the body is forced to burn the fats in search of a source of energy, either that is accumulated in the body or from what you eat. When this happens, the liver begins to produce the ketone compounds, which are responsible to provide energy to the heart and brain.
Here are the 4 steps that will literally force your body to burn belly fat
- Decrease the amount of carbohydrates you eat
The first step to burning extra fat is to minimize the consumption of carbohydrates; do not exceed 15 to 20 grams per day.
This way the body cannot use glucose or sugar as a source of energy. So, the body goes into a state in which it gets the energy it needs to function from the fatty acids and fats it has already accumulated.
At this stage, the glycogen, which is glucose stored in the liver and muscles will no longer be a reserve to become the main source of energy used to perform daily activities.
Please be aware, it is common to feel tired and even moody as part of the process of adapting to low carbohydrate intake.
- Include coconut oil in your diet to burn fat
This oil contains some fats called medium chain triglycerides, which are quickly absorbed by the body.The liver converts these fats into ketones, an excellent source of energy.
In fact, this oil has lauric acid, which is usually given to children with epilepsy to bring them to ketosis without the need to decrease their carbohydrate intake.
- Add Healthy Fats to Your Menu
Another step to burning belly fat is to include healthy fats in the daily diet, such as:
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
In addition, it is important that the fats you choose are as natural as possible to minimize the consumption of chemicals. Try to use a homemade oil or butter.
- Increase the Amount of Protein in Your Diet
It is important to maintain a normal to high protein intake to burn the extra fat. That’s because during the digestive process of protein, the liver gets the amino acids it needs to produce the necessary glucose using ketones as energy fuel.
In addition, protein is vital for muscle replacement that occurs when you lose weight. That’s because, in the process of burning extra fat, you can also lose some muscle mass.
- Weight is quickly lost by the use of stored fat as an energy source. However, the difference is not very marked if compared to a low-carbohydrate diet.
- Helps better metabolize carbohydrates when they are included again gradually in the diet.
- With ketosis, the body learns to use fats as a source of energy more efficiently, and that effect can be maintained over time.
- The ketogenic diet has a satiating effect. The level of anxiety that makes us eat more is reduced since it includes a greater number of healthy fats in the daily food.
Side effects of burning extra fat with this diet
Although burning the extra fat is one of your concerns, you must take into account that every diet always offers some risk. Although the ketogenic diet is very natural and actually teaches us to eat well, it could cause some side effects due to the changes it requires in food. In case of doubt, always consult a professional trainer or doctor for the most appropriate advice as per your body.