Pineapple is a delicious fruit with many health benefits. But have you ever thought about eating pineapples to lose weight? This is what the pineapple diet proposes, a restrictive regime created by the American diet expert Joann Metzger.
How Pineapple diet works?
Since its inception, several versions of the pineapple diet have emerged, including, some only using the fruits with a balanced menu.
However, the most famous version of this diet is the one that recommends the consumption of pineapple and tuna for 3 consecutive days.
Main benefits of Pineapple in addition to helping you to lose weight fast:
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: Pineapples are packed full of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, phosphorus, and potassium. It is also rich in fiber. On top of all this, this fruit is low in fat and cholesterol. All the nutrients it contains promote good health.
- Combat cough and cold: Pineapple is rich in vitamin C; helps fight the virus that causes cough and cold.
- Helps strengthen bones: Pineapple is also popular for its ability to build and maintain strong bones. This is because these fruits contain manganese, which is a mineral that your body needs to build bones and connective tissues.
- Relieves arthritis: Since the fruit has an anti-inflammatory quality, eating pineapple can alleviate a lot of pain like arthritis. The fruit also improves the condition of strengthening bones. In addition to arthritis, it improves other similar conditions, such as carpal tunnel syndrome and gout.
- Improves digestion: Bromelain found in pineapple works by neutralizing acidic fluids. It helps regulate secretions in the pancreas to aid digestion.
But how can pineapple help in weight loss?
Pineapple is very rich in water therefore it is a powerful diuretic and helps the body eliminate excess fluids. In addition, it has high fiber content, being useful to facilitate digestion and provide a feeling of satiety.
Pineapple is also a detox fruit, able to help the body eliminate harmful toxins. It is also rich in bromelain, a substance with anti-inflammatory powers which helps the body to burn more fat.
By being diuretic pineapple diet is used to detoxify the body. Hence, it is effective for anyone who wants to burn fat and lose weight fast.
But do not do this diet for more than 3 days. The diet is very easy to do. However, since it is a restrictive diet, it is good to have a follow-up from a professional, who must be your nutritionist or trainer.
Full Menu of Pineapple Diet
For 3 days, you should have breakfast with 2 slices of pineapple and a glass of skimmed yogurt.
Drink tea from the homemade pineapple peel. If you prefer pineapple fruit juice, you can take it instead of drinking the tea.
At lunch eat 200 grams of chicken breast or grilled fish seasoned with a little mustard and salt. Then eat 3 slices of pineapple.
When it’s time to snack, you can eat 2 slices of pineapple with low-fat yogurt.
In your last meal of the day, you can eat a vegetable puree made with carrots, and sweet potatoes (there are those that strictly eat only pineapple and protein).
Accompany it with a salad of lettuce, pineapple cubes and a little chicken or fish. And at this time, you can eat 3 more slices of pineapple as a dessert.
Important points to remember:
- During the diet, avoid heavy exercise because you are not consuming enough calories and you do not have enough energy.
- After finishing the 3-day pineapple diet, if you do not follow a proper diet, you might regain your lost weight within a few days.
- This diet works by eliminating the excess fats and toxins in your body. So, strive to maintain a healthy diet after its completion.
- If possible, use organic pineapple throughout your diet.